The Android operating system has been around since when smartphones started. Compared to other mobile operating systems, Android is versatile with user customization options and other features. One of Android’s feature is to change the icon name on android homescreen.
Once a new app is installed, the OS of a mobile creates a new icon for the app. It automatically displays with the default icon and name on the homescreen. With it, it is easier for the user to identify the app and open it.
It is only possible to change icon name on Android homescreen with the help of another app. Here are ways to easily change the name of icons on your Android phone.
1) Quick Shortcut Maker
This app helps users create a shortcut for an installed app on the computer. The cool thing about this app is that it allows users to freely create homescreen shortcuts with custom names and icons. So here is how to do it:
- First, download and install Quick Shortcut Maker on your phone
- Once installed, open it and in here you will see the list of apps that are installed on your phone
- Tap on the app you wish to change the name
- The information of the app will be displayed and an option stating, Change the Label
- A pop-up will then appear on your screen and here you will fill the desired name for the app. Then click OK.
- Then Create Option will be seen on your device to create an app shortcut. After that, the ranking must be set to show the app in the app drawer.
Now the process is complete and you now have your app with your desired name on your phone’s homescreen.
2) Nova Launcher
This app is a perfect performance-driven and great customizable launcher. It offers users plenty of features that allows them to customize the icon’s name. Here is how to do it:
- Download and Install Nova Launcher
- Once installed, open the app and follow the instructions given on screen.
- After Nova Launcher is fixed on your Android phone, you can now go to your homescreen. Select the app you wish to change name by pressing long on the icon.
- Three options will be shown, Remove, Edit, and App Info. Tap Edit.
- From here, you will be asked to change the icon name. Select your desired name for the icon.
Now you’re done. You have successfully changed the icon name of your app.
There are many other apps that can do the same trick, but these two are known to be the simplest and easiest.